About this position
The Shop Labourer is responsible for providing support to Welders and Operators for the manufacturing of Helical piles. This position requires the ability to understand and forsee strategies involved in providing materials that result in flow of materials and completion of work with the highest degree of efficiency. This position may lead into a welding apprenticeship or development towards a machine operating role.
Location: Guelph, ON
Shift Hours: Day shift from 6:50am-3:20pm Monday to Friday or night shift 3:20pm-1:50am Monday to Thursday.
- Work closely with other Labourers, Welders, Operators and the Manufacturing Supervisor to perform safe and efficient set up of work station, tools, equipment and raw materials for processing by welders.
- Understand the importance of shop flow; craning, and transporting of milled steel pipe and plate, staging material, maintaining a clean work area, clearing finished work and packaging all finished goods.
- Operate angle grinders, pedestal grinder, and various clamps and fixtures.
- Possess strong organizational, time management, and product management skills in handling multiple job priorities, performing a variety of tasks and meeting required deadlines.
- Read real time production data and contributes to achieving productivity targets and maximize performance by seeking out creative and innovative ways to increase production.
- Apply required procedural markings to the product, including customer order #’s or traceability labeling.
- Understand and applying I.S.O. and quality assurance and lean manufacturing principles.
- Read and interprets work orders and has the ability to keep track of quantities of finished and raw goods.
- Work with Lead hands and Managers to reduce waste and reduce costs within the welding process.
- Understand the Hazard Assessment Analysis and commitment to applying safe work practices.
- Ensure job specific and safety training is current and initiates requests for additional training as needed.
Education / Experience
The following are required:
- High School Diploma
- Experience in a fabrication or industrial setting preferably as a labourer
- Basic manufacturing and tool knowledge
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs unassisted
The following are assets:
- Machine Operator experience
- Forklift License
- Driver Log Book Training
- Overhead Crane Training
- Welding experience
- Manufacturing environment
- Exposure to loud noises
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Physical elements include bending, twisting, crouching, kneeling, standing for long periods of time, lifting weights up to 50 pounds frequently and in excess of 50 pounds occasionally
- Fast paced with tight deadlines
- Shift work
- Overtime may be required to meet operational needs
- Work schedule may vary
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times
Almita Piling Inc. seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and encourages applications from indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, women, persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+, and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process including but not limited to a person with a disability.