About this position
The Production Manager is responsible for implementing and overseeing the daily production activities, with a key focus on building a Proactive Safety culture while ensuring production staff meet or exceed internal/external client expectations for quality, delivery and cost. Drive adoption of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts within the production and material handling environments.
Location: Guelph, ON
- Lead the formulation of department strategic plans that align with the annual Corporate strategic priorities.
- Develop and execute the departmental budget including annual capital expenditures and manage expenditures within that annual budget.
- Ensure a safe and controlled work environment for production employees.
- Drive the understanding and adoption of Almita’s Core Values throughout the production team and across the organization.
- Conduct daily production meetings to ensure all stakeholders are aware of daily production priorities.
- Optimize workflow and throughput in the shop by deploying adequate personnel, shop layout improvements and automation where appropriate.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPI’s) to manage the continuous improvement in production throughput, productivity and quality.
- Seek out innovative methods for increasing productivity and production throughput.
- Work with other departments and managers to identify opportunities for process and organizational improvements that will benefit Almita.
- Train, develop and mentor production personnel ensuring they have appropriate safe work practices and quality assurance knowledge.
- Ensure production personnel are trained in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement principles.
- Provide coaching to drive employee performance improvements.
- Oversee progressive disciplinary measures as they pertain to company safety, employee policies and performance, acting as a liaison with HR and Management regarding personnel issues.
- Assist workers with personnel issues through awareness of company programs and benefits.
- Oversee Quality Assurance processes and policies at the production level, ensuring documentation is completed accurately and timely.
- Oversee accident/incident investigation and related paperwork, identify root causes and implement corrective/preventative actions and report as required.
- Coordinate maintenance requirements for manufacturing facility.
- Work with Receiving and Yard personnel to ensure high level of customer service for supply of production materials.
- Ensure that finished product is available and ready for shipping as scheduled to meet the needs of Clients.
- Ensure production staff are both mentally and physically fit for work.
Education / Experience
The following are required:
- University Degree, College Diploma or equivalent work experience and career path demonstrating progressive supervisory and management development preferably in a manufacturing/fabrication environment.
- Preferred Journeyman/Red Seal Welder Certification.
- 5+ years’ production supervision or management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ERP software and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of computerized manufacturing software.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to make decisions under pressure Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Possesses strong organizational, time management, and product management skills in handling multiple job priorities, performing a variety of tasks and meeting required deadlines.
- Able to operating angle grinders, manual vertical band saw, pedistal grinder, and various clamps and fixtures when needed.
- Lifting up to 50lbs regularly and 75lbs occasionally, pushing, pulling, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, visual acuity, and typing.
- Basic understanding and applying I.S.O. and Quality Assurance standards.
- Understanding of Hazard Assessment Analysis.
- Understanding of components in production; ability to read and interpret shop drawings.
- Understands safe work practices, quality assurance and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Primarily Office Environment (Secondary Manufacturing Facility and Project Sites)
- Occasional travel is required
- Occasional exposure to loud noises
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather
- Fast paced with tight deadlines
- Regular work schedule based on 40 hour work week
- Work schedule may vary
Almita Piling Inc. seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and encourages applications from indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, women, persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+, and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process including but not limited to a person with a disability.