About this position
Responsible for developing, maintaining, and championing the Quality, and HSE management systems, the HSEQ Manager will work with leadership to cultivate a culture of HSEQ compliance, and excellence. This role ensures that the Almita Quality and HSE Management Systems are compliant, on all fronts, with relevant certification standards, and legislated requirements.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for general day-to-day management & long-term planning of the HSEQ department (including budget responsibility).
- Responsible for advising corporate leadership on all applicable HSEQ matters/legislation and compliance monitoring.
- Ensure conformance to new legislative requirements and industry standards as they apply to Almita.
- Report on the performance of, and make recommendations regarding, the improvement of the HSE and Quality Management Systems.
- Ensure all personnel are informed of, and supported in, changes in policies and practices relating to the areas of quality, and HSE.
- Participate in industry work groups as required and represent the interests of Almita on these occasions
- Set objectives, targets and improvements for the quality, and HSE management systems in consultation with applicable leadership, and ensure alignment with the overall strategic aims and objectives of the organization.
- Identify, design and implement strategic projects/campaigns as and when required.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Coordinate and review the emergency preparedness of the operations.
- Analyze all incidents and monitor the follow up on suitable corrective actions. Ensure appropriate investigations completed.
- Manage COR program; ensuring we meet requirements, complete revisions as required, and provide education to all levels.
- HSE Statistic Reporting
- ISO Audit – ensure internal audits are carried out in accordance with company standards, and externa certification requirements.
- Corporate Reporting on Quality Statistics
- Ensure all NCRs followed through to completion.
Education / Experience
The following are required:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar position in a manufacturing or construction environment ideally in a small and medium-sized organization
- Knowledge and experience with QMS principles and ISO 9001 (2015 standard ideally)
- Diploma or Degree in Quality Management or Occupational Health and Safety
- Safety Certification (CRSP, CSP) and/or Quality Certification (CQIA, CSSY/GB)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of risk assessment techniques, incident investigation, Safety Management Systems, Quality Management Systems, and underlying principles
- Hybrid work model
- Travel will be required which may include visits to industrial area
- Fast paced with tight deadlines
- Regular work schedule based on 40 hour work week
- Work schedule may vary
- On-call duties/after-hours support