About this position
The Transport Driver will be responsible for safely and efficiently transporting materials, loaders, excavators, and other related equipment in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards. This position requires working collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders, displaying professionalism and leading by example, following through on commitments and remaining calm when faced with challenges.
- Transport materials, equipment & pipe to and from base location safely.
- Operate, load and unload various types and pieces of equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintaining & keeping a clean truck at all times.
- Secure special attachments to equipment.
- Stage the selected finished goods on the ground to ensure QA kettle tags match part ID numbers. Record the tracking numbers onto the trucking manifest and packing slips.
- Load transportation flat-decks in a safe manner.
- Work with other members of the supply chain management team to determine loading sequencing priorities for outgoing shipments.
- Comply with Almita’s Drug and Alcohol Policy of zero tolerance while at Almita job sites or when operating motor vehicles.
Education / Experience
The following are required:
- Completion of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) is preferred
- Valid and unrestricted Class 1 Driver’s License
- Experience in Equipment operating experience
- A minimum of 3 year’s professional driving and heavy haul experience
The following are assets:
- Experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- Experience with construction worksites
- Knowledge of construction, safety standards and building codes